The Green Connoisseur Blog

The Green Connoisseur is your source for high-end goods and services that are green and sustainable. Please click on the link below to visit our homepage.

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fregate Island Private – Eco-Luxe Getaway

With breathtaking views of crystal clear waters and an unforgettable palette of blues and greens, Fregate Island Private offers travelers, honeymooners, and adventurous families a getaway that greatly respects the environment. One of the main goals of the coveted hideaway is to preserve and protect the unique species of plants and animals on the island. With no more than 40 guests occupying the island at any one time, enjoying a chance to experience this award-winning 5-star resort is truly an honor. Surrounded by the Indian Ocean, Fregate Island Private sits northeast of Madagascar in the Seychelles – an archipelago consisting of 115 islands spread across 400,000 square kilometers. Known as one of the 'last remaining paradises' in the world, the Seychelles upholds strict regulations to ensure the protection of the environment. Why Eco-Friendly? The natural forestation of the local islands fell victim to the colonization of the Seychelles. Eventually, coconut trees replaced the original plants and trees of the land. Today, the efforts of Fregate Island Private may very well create the largest nursery of hardwood trees in the Indian Ocean. For the last 11 years, Fregate Island Private has become increasingly reputable in the hotel industry for successfully embracing and upholding ecological reform. With the goal to become a carbon neutral enterprise, this year marks the 100,000th tree planted under the island's endemic hardwood program, including the two trees planted for each guest that arrives at the resort. Alongside the conservation practices of the island, buildings and infrastructure take up only 5% of the land with the remaining 95% enjoying a restored natural state. As a result, quite a few endemic species of wildlife and flora have triumphed over extinction. Your Villa and Luxury Amenities Guests often take delight in the chance to explore the fascinating natural environment of the island under a veil of exclusive privacy and seclusion, which is why only 16 villas occupy the island. From individually controlled air conditioning to refreshing ceiling fans, Fregate Island Private aims to please guests with non-stop luxurious pampering. Each villa provides guests with access to a Villa Sun Terrace with private pool and Jacuzzi. Other amenities include wireless Internet, personal safe, and your own personal Island Buggy. Rates for Fregate Island Private vary depending on the time of year. Be aware that there are minimum stay requirements. For example, plan a getaway for the Christmas or New Year's holiday (between December 19, 2009 and January 9, 2010), expect to book a villa for a minimum of seven nights. Special rates also apply for guests traveling with children older than 5 years old. During a stay at Fregate Island Private, you may want to: * Get Pampered. Situated on a cliff-top plateau delivering spectacular glimpses of the sea, freshwater pools and cascading waterfalls surround the award-winning 'Rock Spa.' The international holistic treatments originating from ancient Indian, Australian, and Polynesian techniques rely on local ingredients for their botanical magic. * Enjoy Water Sports and Activities. Travel to the lower plateau of the island (opposite the plantation) to reach Fregate's Yacht Club, Marina and PADI Dive Center, where guests may swim, snorkel, or scuba dive on one of seven luxurious beaches. Set sail from the island's marina on a yacht charter for a deep-sea fishing adventure or gain access to sailboats, catamarans, and motor yachts. *Wine and Dine. Toast to your beautiful surroundings or steal a kiss during a meal at one of two island restaurants. Fregate House serves daily gourmet dishes, while the Plantation House gives you a chance to experience authentic Creole-style cuisine in an open-air dining atmosphere. Additionally, the island is equipped with its own plantation and hydroponics, which grows fresh fruit and vegetables for each meal. From frozen concoctions to your favorite cocktail, the Pirate’s Bar and the Anse Bambous Beach Bar satisfies your thirst for 'spirited' relaxation. Other features of the island include a fully equipped, air-conditioned fitness center, wine cellar with dining facilities, and active pursuits, such as tennis, volleyball, biking, badminton, and hiking. Image Credits: Fregate Island Private

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger bathmate said...

As always an excellent posting.The
way you write is awesome.Thanks. Adding more information will be more useful.

Bathmate

12/27/2009 05:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home