Ecco Ultra Lounge: First Green Nightclub in L.A.
If Mother Nature had to choose a place to let down her hair and kick up her heels, she'd probably head to Los Angeles, where the Ecco Ultra Lounge is known as the first eco-friendly certified nightlife venue in the United States. With energy-efficient LED lighting and delicious organic cocktails, the Ecco Lounge has taken great strides in providing an earth-friendly hot spot to dance the night away. Step inside the eco-club located on 1640 North Cahuenga Blvd and you may find Nicole Ritchie chatting it up with the Madden brothers or Hayden Panettiere shedding her 'Heroes' alter ego. With all of the environmentally conscious buzz the club has attracted over the past year, hopefully some of the Ecco's features will encourage other establishments to take a more green approach with their club venues. Ecco's Eco-Features The earth-friendly practices of Ecco take place even before some guests step inside the club. Partygoers that arrive in a Prius or any other energy-efficient vehicle can take care in knowing that their VIP treatment starts with free valet parking. Once inside, you’re greeted by one of the most talked-about features of the Ecco Ultra Lounge – the multi-hued, energy-efficient, state-of-the-art LED lighting system that sets the scene for a night filled with soy-cured organic salmon and infectious DJ-spun music. Before the night is out, hit the square dance floor located between the DJ booth and bar for an exhilarating sensation of being in the center of it all. Everything from the paint on the walls to the cemented floor takes the environment into consideration. Other eco-features of the Ecco Ultra Lounge include:
- Appetizers and entrees made fresh with organic chicken from the farmer's market
- Waterless urinal and energy efficient recycled steel air pressure toilets
- The use of Paperless Solution to satisfy their reservations and ticketing needs
- Power from LA Department of Water & Power's Green Power resources
- Bathrooms outfitted with cutting-edge "Dyson Airblades" hand dryers
- No air conditioning – just cold and heat insulation, which saves 20% of standard energy use
- The "Drunken Watermelon Pop" offers a combination of fresh cubes of watermelon, vodka, vanilla beans, and a hint of Chambord.
- Do your body and skin a favor and indulge in a healthy boost of the antioxidant-rich "Pomegranate and Brazilian Acai Berry Mojito."
- Mixing 360 eco-friendly vodka, Moet Chandon, and acai juice, treat your taste buds to the "Sparkling Acai."